Liberty “making people free” was birthed in 2000 after a highly successful city wide International Conference “Women You Are Free” held in Ibadan in October 1999. Our mandate is to transform entire communities’ body, mind and spirit with the love of God.
Our 1st outreach was held in September 1999 at Trans Amusement Park, Ibadan, Nigeria. Over those four day 27,000 men, women and children streamed into the park. Over 1,500 adults and children received Jesus Christ as their Lord Jesus and personal Saviour. Everyone was given a free medical check-up, free medication, free meals and were able to attend business empowerment seminars. Many people were supernaturally healed and filled with the Holy Spirit.
Liberty 1999 was followed by two more city wide outreaches, one for youths and one for families. 26 university scholarships were awarded and hundreds of young people had a dynamic encounter with Jesus. From 2004, we have concentrated on village evangelism through our fivefold strategy to:
- Preach the gospel
- Provide clean drinking water
- Provide free medical care
- Provide education
- Provide business and agricultural empowerment
This has resulted in
- Churches planted in over 60 villages.
- Pastors discipled and often provided with motor bikes to reach their community.
- 16 wells and 2 boreholes being sunk.
- Over 600 cataract surgeries and innumerable operations performed
- Thousands of people benefitting from our health care specialists team consisting of medical doctors, surgeons, nurses, dentists, paediatricians, and pharmacists
- 3 schools being built and support provided to build 2 others.
In 2013, Rev Paul Jinadu (General Overseer, New Covenant Church) asked us to concentrate on towns. Since, then we have visited Abraka, Badagry, Awe and Epe in Nigeria.
We now have Liberty teams and volunteers from Nigeria, United Kingdom, Ireland, America and Canada.